Homepage / What's On / The Harbour, Sydney Opera House
The Harbour Restaurant
Open from 9th January until 3rd February 2024
Tuesday – Saturday / 11:30am – 8:30pm
Happy Hour 3pm -5pm
Step into a nostalgic time capsule as The Harbour pop up makes its much anticipated return in 2024, offering a limited-time opportunity to explore a space now open to the public.
Transport yourself back to the vibrant 80s, the golden era when the iconic Sydney Opera House fish & chip pop-up first graced the scene.
Come and enjoy the unique chance to soak in the sun and take in the stunning harbour views while savouring in the timeless flavours that defined an era. This pop-up promises to be a unforgettable experience that captures the essence of Sydney’s iconic waterfront and blending history with the present.
Authentic images of the original Sydney Opera House pop-up.
Photography credits below.
Reserve A Table
- View of the shells from the Harbour Restaurant, November 1980 – Don McMurdo
- View of the Harbour Restaurant, located under the Opera Theatre, 1986 – Don McMurdo
- The Harbour Restaurant, 1986 – Don McMurdo
- Looking through the outside Harbour Restaurant seating, January 1986 – Don McMurdo
- Diners at the outside seating of the Harbour Restaurant, 1986 – Don McMurdo
- Outside seating at the Harbour Restaurant, 1986 – Don McMurdo
- View of Harbour Restaurant seating looking back towards the Restaurant, November 1980 – Don McMurdo
- Inside the Harbour Restaurant, November 1980 – Don McMurdo
- View of the Harbour Restaurant entrance and outside seating, November 1980 – Don McMurdo